Ceremonies to acknowledge and celebrate the transitions and milestones of your life!

Welcome! My name’s Jake McArthur.

I’m delighted you’ve chosen to visit Collingwood Celebrancy. I relish the opportunity to meet your needs for a ceremony leading to and confirming your marriage or a ceremony acknowledging and celebrating the death of a loved one.  I’m a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant ® which means I’ve taken extensive formal training in the creation and delivery of ritual and process relating to weddings and funerals and ceremonies in general. I’m also registered with the Government of Ontario to legally offer and execute wedding services. I take the role of celebrant seriously. I see my primary role as one of creating safe space for all participants through developing trust, offering clear guidance during planning and preparation and officiating with professional competency and personal warmth.  My greatest joy arises from customizing a celebration to fit the personalities and the wishes of those involved. However, I can create and perform simple, straightforward celebrations, which ca

About Jake

I love creating and I love performing meaningful roles in those creations! As a poet, playwright and actor, I have a strong feel for language, for rhythm, for story and for performing from the heart. As a former executive and current facilitator and coach, I have an ability to quickly gain understanding of other people and insight into what they want and need through gentle questions and careful listening and observation.

I believe a principal role of a celebrant is to create and hold safe space for all participants in both the planning process and leadership of a ceremony. Those that know me have described me as gentle, wise, caring and comforting with a quiet yet vital, life-affirming presence. I am comfortable with who I am and confident in my capacity as a Life-Cycle Celebrant ®.

By way of training and education over the years, I have a BA, majoring in English Literature; an MBA and a Doctor of Ministry. I am an ordained Minister for purposes of conducting weddings and I am a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant®. My non-professional roles in the world include husband, father, grandfather, volunteer and friend.