Ceremonies to acknowledge and celebrate the transitions and milestones of your life!

Welcome! My name’s Jake McArthur.

I’m delighted you’ve chosen to visit Collingwood Celebrancy. I relish the opportunity to meet your needs for a ceremony leading to and confirming your marriage or a ceremony acknowledging and celebrating the death of a loved one.  I’m a Certified Life-Cycle Celebrant ® which means I’ve taken extensive formal training in the creation and delivery of ritual and process relating to weddings and funerals and ceremonies in general. I’m also registered with the Government of Ontario to legally offer and execute wedding services. I take the role of celebrant seriously. I see my primary role as one of creating safe space for all participants through developing trust, offering clear guidance during planning and preparation and officiating with professional competency and personal warmth.  My greatest joy arises from customizing a celebration to fit the personalities and the wishes of those involved. However, I can create and perform simple, straightforward celebrations, which ca

End-of-Life Celebrations

The death of a loved one is one of the most challenging events in the passage of a life, whether it’s anticipated or comes out of the blue. I know – my daughter Erica died in a car accident at the age of 23. Through that life-altering experience and through the many years I’ve volunteered with hospice, I’m sensitive to the multiple impacts of loss.

 In my role as a celebrant for a funeral or end-of-life celebration, I create safe space for you and offer a process where you can be with your loss and at the same time make decisions about how you can best honour your loved one. There is no magic formula or requisite template for what comprises an end-of-life celebration or funeral. My intention would be to

• learn from you about your loved one,
• listen to the kind of honouring experience you’d like to create,
• consider with you potential elements that could be included in the celebration,
• discuss who you might like to involve in the celebration

Based on those considerations, I would

• create a draft ceremony reflecting your loved one, for your approval [if time allows]
• coordinate with other speakers and service providers [ie: the funeral home]
• officiate at the event

“Jake facilitated a moving tribute to our mother, engaging everyone present with an opportunity to honour this very special woman. From her youngest great grandchild to the oldest of her family, fond memories were shared and her presence was felt.” – P.P.